Interested in discovering the future of b2b (business-to-business) ecommerce? Read and discover what the future of b2b ecommerce solution platforms is!
Experts predict that by 2019, the b2b ecommerce industry will be with $1.1 trillion compared to the b2x industry at $408 billion. We must say that spending on b2b ecommerce solution platforms, systems, technologies, and services continue at a rate over 2x the b2c ecommerce market.
According to one research, the wholesalers and manufacturers are the two industries that are generating most of the market growth and we can see why. There are so many wholesalers and manufacturers who depend on current homegrown systems that support limited sales channels, outdated processes, and aren’t delivering the shopping experience b2b consumers expect. The distribution channel dynamics are changing so fast and they are modifying wholesaler’s business models across a wide spectrum of goods and services, and like manufacturers, the wholesalers should get beyond competing on availability and price and should focus on delivering great omnichannel customer experience.
Two crucial factors that are responsible for fast b2b ecommerce growth are the time-consuming and costly customizations that actually support developing business models and hosted ecommerce systems. These systems are not created to support multiple channels or geographies. The cloud platforms, on the other side, are proving to be more adaptive and they offer a great support for new business models and channels they depend on revenue.
There are a few factors that define the future of b2b ecommerce solution platforms:
- The number of capabilities and features in ecommerce technology is increasing TCO or Total Cost of Ownership and encourages companies to consider a unified cloud platform solution more than ever before.
- B2B buyers expect a high-quality and impeccable customer experience across different channels and are faithful to companies and brands that deliver excellence.
- The ultimate need for greater and better price optimization and CPQ or configure-price-quote flexibility across various channels.
- Maximizing interest on the part of manufacturers for their ecommerce solution to support complicated pricing and configuration workflows.
- Order management integrated at the b2b ecommerce platform allow greater synchronized order processing across multiple channels.
- Being able to provide one-of-a-kind shopping experience for multiple distribution channels, including distributors, partners, resellers, dealers, service providers is in high demand and is definitely the most important factor that drives the future of b2b ecommerce solution platforms.
What is your opinion? Share in the comments below!
Additional Reading: B2B ecommerce platform comparison: Is WooCommerce or Shopify better in Canada?